Intelligence quotient (IQ) is a measure of a person’s cognitive abilities and intellectual potential. Over the years, numerous individuals have achieved exceptionally high IQ scores, showcasing their remarkable intelligence. In this article, we will explore the top 10 individuals with the highest IQ ever recorded, highlighting their extraordinary intellectual prowess.
1. William James Sidis
- IQ: Estimated between 250 and 300
- William James Sidis was an American child prodigy born in 1898.
- He spoke multiple languages and entered Harvard University at the age of 11.
- Sidis was a brilliant mathematician and contributed significantly to various fields.
2. Terence Tao
- IQ: Estimated around 225-230
- Terence Tao, born in 1975, is an Australian-American mathematician.
- He became the youngest recipient of the Fields Medal, starwikibio often considered the Nobel Prize of mathematics.
- Tao has made groundbreaking contributions to various mathematical disciplines.
3. Christopher Hirata
- IQ: Estimated around 225
- Christopher Hirata is an American astrophysicist born in 1982.
- He became the youngest gold medalist in the International Physics Olympiad at the age of 13.
- Hirata completed his Ph.D. in astrophysics at the age of 22.
4. Kim Ung-Yong
- IQ: Estimated around 210
- Kim Ung-Yong, born in 1962, is a former child prodigy from South Korea.
- He was invited to study physics at Hanyang University when he was just 3 years old.
- Kim Ung-Yong has worked for NASA and earned a Ph.D. in physics.
5. Evangelos Katsioulis
- IQ: Estimated around 198
- Evangelos Katsioulis, born in 1976, is a Greek allmeaninginhindi psychiatrist and philosopher.
- He has an extensive educational background and holds multiple degrees.
- Katsioulis has made significant contributions to the fields of intelligence research and psychometrics.
6. Rick Rosner
- IQ: Estimated around 192
- Rick Rosner, born in 1960, is an American television writer and high IQ claimant.
- He has pursued various professions, including being a bouncer and a roller-skating waiter.
- Rosner has appeared on several TV quiz shows to demonstrate his exceptional knowledge.
7. Garry Kasparov
- IQ: Estimated around 190
- Garry Kasparov, born in 1963, is a Russian chess grandmaster and former world champion.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest chess players in history.
- Kasparov’s strategic thinking and exceptional intellect have made him a legendary figure in the chess world.
8. Marilyn vos Savant
- IQ: Estimated around 190
- Marilyn vos Savant, born in 1946, is an American author and magazine columnist.
- She gained fame for having one of the highest recorded IQ scores.
- vos Savant’s intelligence is recognized through her insightful writings and participation in various intellectual discussions.
9. Judit Polgár
- IQ: Estimated around 170-175
- Judit Polgár, born in 1976, is a Hungarian chess grandmaster and chess prodigy.
- She achieved the title of Grandmaster at the age of 15, becoming the youngest ever to accomplish this feat.
- Polgár’s exceptional chess skills and intellectual capabilities have broken gender barriers in the world of chess.
10. Albert Einstein
- IQ: Estimated between 160 and 190
- Albert Einstein, born in 1879, was a German-born theoretical physicist.
- He is widely regarded as one of the greatest scientists in history.
- Einstein’s groundbreaking theories revolutionized our understanding of the physical world.
These individuals represent a small fraction of the countless brilliant minds that have existed throughout history. While IQ is just one measure of intelligence, their remarkable achievements and contributions serve as a testament to the incredible potential of the human mind.